Saturday, January 12, 2013

A little about why I do it...

Recently, a friend, that I really respect as someone who is reaching for her dreams and helping others do the same, said to me: "I don't know how you do it." She was referring to my weekly travel for work.  I value conversations with her.  Even though I do think often about what I do, and why I do it, just knowing who I am talking to makes my reasons sparkle a bit more for me. 

That's a part of why I'm starting this blog.  It is so fresh and new right now.  A few people have come to take a peek at what this Field Guide is about, or have gotten it in a search engine result for something entirely different from what they were intending.  I hope what ever reason brought you here, that you have fun visiting, and perhaps pick up a tidbit of something to spark your thoughts on travel. 

I love to travel, whether it is for work or adventure.  It isn't always fun, rarely glamorous, but it is exciting, & mind expanding.  It is the entire experience of the process of travel I love.  I love the anticipation, sometimes the niggle of anxiety about leaving home, breaking free of my front door, arranging for transportation.  I love the whole process of getting to the destination, getting to know some of the TSA agents, CheckIn & Gate Agents, delays (shhh don't tell the airlines).  I love arriving at my destination, exploring the area if it is someplace new, or settling in if it is a regular work trip.  I love making wherever I am feel like I belong, as if I am becoming part of that place.  I love the return trip, and coming home to touch my stuff, drive my car, hug my loved ones, and sleep in my own fantastic bed.  I don't travel to escape, but to explore and gain a refreshed appreciation for home.

Whew!  Almost got through this post without including the "A" word.  So, here you go:

Travel is Awesome!  Awesome isn't always good, but it is always awe-inspiring.  I learn something about myself each time I travel.  I take myself outside my comfort zones, and that is when I feel like I grow as a person. 

Signing off for now - I have a 6:30 am flight off to work in the morning, and still have to pack.

Happy Trails!
Tia 

No comments:

Post a Comment