Sunday, February 10, 2013

AWESOME TRAVEL CHALLENGE!!!


 I have an Awesome travel challenge for myself! 
 
Each month I will go someplace new over a weekend.

"Yawn!" you say? No, no - it really is pretty cool - here's why:

  • The destination has to be in a different state then the one I originate from
  • I have to go for a purpose other than just going:
    • I have to meet and involve other people in a project, or
    • Join a group activity, or
    • Volunteer
  • Travel as light as possible
  • Document about the experiences that same weekend

 
I'll be using tools available to all of us:
  • Airbnb.com
  • Meetup
  • Use public transportation (or rent a car if it is cheap)
  • And I'll list the others as I discover them.

Getting there

One of the reasons this goal didn't start at the beginning of the year was that I was waiting for notification that my consulting contract was being extended.  So, Yay!  I'm employed for another 6 months.  The reason this is so important is that I fly to my customer site each Sunday, and fly home each Thursday.  As long as the cost is the same, I can fly anywhere else on the weekends.  Yup, I'm pretty lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment